What is the difference between a diesel generator set and a gasoline generator set?
Generator set is a complete set of mechanical equipment that converts other forms of energy into electric energy. It is composed of power system, control system, muffler system, shock absorption system and exhaust system. It is driven by water turbine, steam turbine, diesel engine or other power machinery, and it is produced by water flow, airflow, fuel combustion or nuclear fission….
Generating set is to other forms of energy into electricity of complete sets of mechanical equipment, by the power system, control system, sound system, suspension system, exhaust system, consists of turbine, steam turbine, diesel engine or other power mechanical drive drive, water flow, air flow, fuel combustion or nuclear fission energy into mechanical energy to generator, Then it is converted into electric energy by the generator and output to the electric equipment for use. So what is the difference between a diesel generator set and a gasoline generator set? Let’s introduce it to you.
What is the difference between diesel generator set and gasoline generator set?
1. The two are essentially the same in construction, and their names reveal one obvious difference: they require different fuels. Diesel has a higher calorific value than gasoline, which burns more meekly.
2. Different power. For the same reason that a diesel car is more powerful than a petrol car, the minimum power of a diesel generator is eight kilowatts and the maximum power is two million watts, while the maximum power of the same volume of petrol is only ten kilowatts.
3. Ignition type. In the cylinder of a gasoline engine, a mixture of fuel and air is ignited with a spark plug. In a diesel engine, the mixture is ignited by the heat generated by compression.
4. The volume is different. The gasoline engine is small in size, easy to carry, and suitable for mobile power supply. A mixture of fuel oil and air. In the gasoline engine, where the generator is rented, fuel and air are mixed in the carburetor and intake ducts.
5. In a diesel engine, the mixing of fuel and air takes place after diesel is drawn into the cylinder. The main purpose is different, diesel engine is mainly used for industrial power supply, household will generally choose gasoline engine.
The above content is to introduce what is the difference between diesel generator set and gasoline generator set. Whether it is diesel generator or gasoline generator, each cylinder works in a certain order. The thrust on the piston becomes the force to push the crankshaft through the connecting rod, so as to drive the crankshaft to rotate. Brushless synchronous alternator and power machine crankshaft coaxial installation, you can use the power machine rotation to drive the rotor of the generator, the use of ‘electromagnetic induction’ principle, the generator will output induced electromotive force, through the closed load loop can produce current.